11.04.2013

weekend adventures.

I'd hike everyday if I could. We made another trip up to pine creek falls. It's my favorite kid-friendly hike. This time around we brought Presley's friend along. 


I think Presley is peeing down there. 


Never mind the dropoff behind him. 

Baby, beanie, bear spray. 

Top part of the falls.  









After our hike we dropped Riley off & went exploring in Tyson's land cruiser. I'm so glad we did. We found another canyon with a great camp spot & a waterfall! We drove up the mountain on a little dirt road that became a bit questionable after a while. So we turned around. Gotta love the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness.  








Tyson was pretty happy about putting his truck to good use. 


My favorite building in Old Chico the "ghost town". 

Heading home. 

On Sunday we did it again. Instead of staying in the Valley we drove through the Pass to Bear Canyon. It's a winding dirt road & parts of it don't see sunlight so some of it was still covered in snow/mud. We started to slide near a big dropoff so I made Tyson turn around...we'll try again next summer. We found a nice camp spot & made a fire for s'mores. Best weekend. 


Pines as far as the eye can see. 












 I'm quite pleased with him & his truck. It was a nice adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment