7.06.2013

Fourth of July festivities.

The Fourth of July is a big deal in Livingston. It's probably the biggest holiday we celebrate. Although, Halloween & Christmas are pretty fun around here, too. The days are warm & the tourists are out. We have a three-day long festival with the classic small town parade, nightly rodeos, nightly fireworks, & an arts & crafts fair. We have yet to attend a rodeo. I'm just not sure how the littles would do. Hopefully next year Mason will be able to sit through it because I know Pres would like to go. We did do the parade & we lucked out with a great viewing spot. Normally parades fill me with a painful amount of anxiety but while the boys were getting their hair cut, I noticed a business entryway that was not taken so I ran across the street with Arlo in my arms & threw down a blanket. =) Success! 

On the 4th we attended a huge pig roast / BBQ / party that we were invited to. I'm fairly certain the house we were at sits on the BEST property in Livingston. The backyard is the Yellowstone River. It had a rope swing, wooded area with 4-wheeler trails (where Pres spent his time), trampoline, playground, gardens, benches with lovely views. Perfection. At the end of the night the hosts put on a grand fireworks show that Mason went crazy over. Presley got to spend the night (it's his friend's house) so he partied later than we did. 

Dressed for the parade. 

Just waiting. 

He slept through the entire thing. 

Playing tic-tac-toe. 

I thought the sheriff's boat was cool. 

Rodeo fireworks. 3 nights in a row. 


My contribution to the BBQ. 

One of the only times I saw him that day. 

Being patriotic & stuff. 

Photo by Mason. 

The backyard. 


Baby grouse. 

My arm candy. 

BBQ part 2. We had to leave for a couple hours. 






Hope you had a lovely holiday weekend as well. =)





















No comments:

Post a Comment