4.15.2013

Maybe it's because it's Monday, maybe it's because it's Tyson's late week at work, maybe it's because I'm nearly nine months pregnant & was up all night with heartburn & an overactive fetus. Whatever the reason, I have not been a very good mom today (even though I know Mason & Presley disagree).

I've sat next to Mason on the couch all damn day while he watches cartoons. When we picked Presley up from school I let Mason fall asleep even though I know it's going to throw off our schedule for the rest of the day. While he was napping I let Presley get away with only doing half of his homework before sending him to a friend's house for the afternoon.

They've both told me they love me a million times today, but I know it's because I'm being a half-assed, lazy parent that is letting them get away with everything & that's their way of buttering me up. I'd much rather hear it once a day & know that I've been a proper parent. Good thing I get to try being better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment