12.18.2012

Yesterday was a big day for us. My ultrasound appointment was scheduled for the afternoon & we planned on going as a family, but decided Tyson should skip the appointment & spend his lunch hour making arrangements for a mortgage pre-approval.

Mason & I picked Presley up from school and went to our appointment. I asked the technician to keep the gender private so Presley wouldn't overhear. He's not great at keeping secrets. ;) After she confirmed what I already suspected, we headed home.

While the boys were hanging out I baked a gender reveal cake. I made sure no traces of the batter were visible & luckily they didn't seem to notice what I was up to. I quickly covered the cake in white frosting & put it away so I could make dinner.

When Tyson got off work we planned on meeting him & our realtor at a home we wanted to take a second look at. We spent some time at that house, then rushed home. The boys gathered on the couch & I brought out the cake. Apparently they thought the frosting color was going to reveal the gender so when I brought out a white cake they were all confused. Tyson thought I was pulling a prank & didn't actually find out, Presley almost started crying...it was weird.

After I explained the obvious, Tyson cut the cake. & they were all relieved. We will continue to be a zombie-obsessed, barbie-free family...at least for a few more years. ;) I do of course still plan on using the girl name I've had in my head for a couple of years.

Cheers, to THREE boys!









1 comment:

  1. Lots of boys in your house!! Congrats! Love the reveal, so cute!

    ReplyDelete