I'd love to say that our first time making a gingerbread house from scratch was perfect & delightful, but that'd be a damn lie. It worked out in the end, but getting there was an adventure.
It took a bit of nagging on my end to get the boys to cooperate. We got the dough mixed, set it in the fridge for thirty minutes, & hung out on the couch while it chilled. We rolled the dough out, cut out the pieces of the house, & put it in the oven for a few minutes. Pres made some royal icing. By the time we were ready to put it together & decorate it, it was our normal bedtime, so the kids were getting cranky. The icing wasn't holding the walls together, so that made me cranky! I was finally fed up so Tyson got the kids in bed while I tried getting the house glued together. Other than part of the roof, everything started to hold together so I had Tyson & the boys come back out. We quickly decorated it & I'm happy to report that it is still standing. Good grief!






No comments:
Post a Comment