7.25.2017

16th of July

Tyson & I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this month. We snuck off to my favorite state, Washington. We spent a night in Ellensburg to break up our drive and it was such a charming town! Filled with orchards & vineyards & huge trees & a cute college campus. 


Downtown Ellensburg, WA.

On the way to our Airbnb after dinner. 

I have a thing for bridges. 

Always stops to pick me wildflowers. 

Pike Place Market! Love this place. 



Stopped by Mer's to dance it out but I guess she was at the hospital. ;)
While we were planning our trip I looked up Meredith Grey's house. I was pretty pleased that it was easy to find. The Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle is amazing. 


After spending a few hours in Seattle, we headed north to our cottage for the weekend. It had a great private beach overlooking Puget Sound. 

La Conner, WA. This town pretty much has all of my favorite things. Mountains, farmland, lots of trees, a charming main street, the beach, & mild weather. 






Sunset after dinner. It was kind of spooky watching the tide come in. 

Deception Pass. This was on my bucket list. It was so exhilarating crossing it. The bridge is pretty long and, depending on the tides, is about 200 feet above the water level. 




Sooo much green! & it doesn't get much better than finding the woods and the ocean in the same place. 

We stopped for lunch in Anacortes. I loved the Bigfoot paintings all over their main street. 


We headed south to Whidbey Island and explored Fort Casey. It was built to defend Puget Sound and is now open to the public. It was super creepy, I loved it. 

Admiralty Head Lighthouse at Ft. Casey.


Rainbow Bridge in La Conner. 

Anniversary dinner at our cottage. 

Happy anniversary, Darling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment